dinsdag 28 december 2021

The 2021 Goals: what was Achieved?

  Well, this has been a special year...

A combination of various factors meant that my painting grinded to a complete standstill after the yearly AHPC, and didn`t pick up again during the year, only completing a handful of models afterwards.

This as a result leads to a LOT of failures for the year, and as long as the whole "Big C" keeps being a nuissance, it seems there won't be much difference on the horizon.  It just is so very demotivating to try and paint something, knowing that due to a variety of external factors you won`t be playing many games at all.



So while I started the year good, with breaking my AHPC target for the fourth year running (due to circumstances, I won`t be joining the new one this year), that is about the only painting goal achieved bar the Rivendel army one.  But in all honesty, I only needed to paint up Arwen to get that done.

But the planned forces for MESBG (some even got cut all together), Warhammer 40k and The Ninth Age have been relegated to the backburner, and barely anything has been added to them in the past 12 months as a result.   Though I will carry them over and hope for a better 2022 on motivational levels.  With Thorin starting school at the end of the coming year, at least some much needed measure of a normal leisure time will be returning to our lives.  Yeah, I underestimated the baby / hobby combo, and not afraid to admit that.  To that end, I won`t just yet be incorporating paint goals in next years goals, even though none of them are actually completely off the table...
 

 
I could take a more detailed look, but they aren`t anywhere near the levels of the previous years.  In fact, I only painted a handfull after the AHPC ended in march, so basically my YouTube overview of that challenge, is containing about everything I painted this year.  Though I did paint a lot more then I bought in those very few first months.

On the other hand, anime watching totally blew it out of the water this year, more then doubling the amount of series I wanted to see.  With Noshi having an animelike year as well, we sat down and saw many series during the evenings, apart from the ones I watch during tinkering with the blog and such, or during work lunchtimes.



The books where achieved as well, though this only was like last weekend when the last one for the year was laid down or so, I guess that 20 / 25 is a decent number for that, even though I`m planning on something VERY ambitious next year!  
 

 
But on the part of movies, and especially "regular" series, it hasn`t been that much.  Which also comes largely of course from the fact we have been seeing that many anime, but also that there aren`t really that many series out there atm that catch my fancy.  And I have been slacking, as I`m still having to watch the fifth season of my beloved The Expanse...
 
So yeah, that means 2021 has been a year with many beforehand planned hobby goals ending in the red colour, but let's hope 2022 will put some more green markers down once again!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten