Summer holidays have passed, traditionally a period where paint goals slow down and all the rest picks up, so let's have a look at how things are going.
And which goals have become sheer impossible to obtain in the remaining months of the year...
For one I can say, that will be painting the Idoneth army, as the Dawi'Zharr have now passed them by big time, and are almost ready for the tournament instead in november. Guess that counts as finishing a 2k+ army, just not the one I had set out to do...
But I digress, so as we had finished the obtaining a Golden Ticket, paint a 5 points Raid force, complete the Underworlds bands and watch 20 series before this update, what have we been adding to the tally?
The first goal to be utterly smashed, and a bit unexpected, was the read 10 manga target. Motivated by a badge stack over at MAL, I went through the complete Kimetsu no Yaiba series (the anime is far more prettier though), which is 23 volumes... so that counter now sits on 28 out of the 10 planned ones.
A second goal that has been obtained is visit 10 parks on Coaster Cloud, as we did quite a few in the summer holiday period, bringing the counter now to 11 visited parks.
But for every success, there is of course a failure, or an impending one. As I said above, the Idoneth army stranded at 1330/2000 points (pun intended) with no intention to expand on it anytime soon due to the Helmsiths having arrived. But I also stranded on various other paint projects, because I doubt I will be painting in these final weeks. Some things that as such are falling by the wayside are the 500th Anniversary White Dwarf, yet again Thorin's Company, and the 50 spaceships even though those will be boosted still this year.
Because in a month, my desk will be filled with Gundam Assemble models, and boy am I hyped about that game as you can see in this video I made back in august
Now, there are also goals I worked on, though I knew I wouldn't complete this year, like completing the 't Smidje pin series, or others that just won't happen. Things like winning a tournament with Hrothgorn, for the simple reason I'm not planning on taking him to the few remaining events that I attend this year. Winning three tournaments will be something hard to achieve as well, unless I win the final two of the year, namely Halle in november and the actual World Championships in december... so fat chance on that as I'm, well, not going to the Worlds, see below on the why, but maybe some might pop up locally I can still attend...
Now, that lack of events will also be the reason I will fall just short of the aimed 10 events to participate in as I had to forfeit last week's event in Amsterdam due to the kid falling very sick, though others bar the 10 frituurs will be probably achieved, like the 50 beers, retain number 1 on T3, and but not the actually getting to Barcelona. And I am binging some anime's at a serious rate lately, so that 50 goals will be reached in all probability, the counter now standing at 41 out of 50, nearly doubled from last update and well over the halfway mark!
So yeah, we are on a nice course to get a 50/50 ratio of completed goals for this year, and getting about 150+ models painted while doing so. It's just, as always, a matter of focus as I drifted around (and heat waves in summer period killing the complete schedule) on my goals to much.


Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten