zaterdag 13 februari 2021

Review: Irregular Miniatures Mongol army pack

The mighty hordes of Genghis and Kubilai Khan, in 6mm!

Yup, I ordered the army pack from Irregular Miniatures, knocking me back 17.60 GBP, to bring the Eternal Horde to the tabletop.


 

I will be using this army pack to actually make a 6mm force for DBA 3.0 with them, so that means I won't end up using all the models in the small army deal.  But at that price, who can complain?



Well, perhaps... if you look at the figures in the pictures, they look rather blobby, often being connected two in one, and some overflow it seems.  Now, I know Irregular is known said to be sometimes hit ans miss if you see the models, but that they paint up really nicely.  So one of the first things I'll be trying before painting is putting a slight black wash over them.



The main part of the force of course contains a lot of horsemen, rank upon rank of riders of the Steppes.  It also has the command riders, and some heavy cavalry and a few horse archers included, enough though to make the planned army.



Also included is what looks like two small catapults, whom I'll be using on their camp base, so that's some use for everything.



No idea as such yet wether I'm wild with them, so we'll see once they are painted how it turns out!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten