donderdag 22 juni 2023

Streamlining the anime collection

 I have a lot.  Maybe to much...

Well, it's the regular mantra of any collector, and it is always fine until suddenly the room runs out of space.  

The room yes, not even the shelves, but the whole room...

So it is at that point one must decide to streamline the collection a little, and focus on some things, in this case characters, instead of going all over the place.  Which is just what I will be doing over the coming months.

The first step though is buying behaviour, and to only get models of series one will like, instead of the cool of the moment (aka, the last anime one watched) purchases.  YouTube is full of those kind of video's, so I guess I`m not alone in that.

For example, Eromanga Sensei was a funny series, but why did I get all those figures as I don`t really have anything with the characters.  But back then, I just needed to have a model of them, and one became two and so forth.
 
So to that end, I decided to slim down from figures of (last count: 84) various characters, to tone down to 8, namely of two anime franchises on the one hand, and 5 seperate characters (okay, I admit, Waifu's) on the other.
 
The anime franchises of course being Saint Seiya...
 

 
... and Gundam, because you know, apart from loving all the mecha and a lot of the various series, there is also uber waifu Lunamaria Hawke.
 
 
So no surprises on that front.  Do mind, the following characters are all for the part of my PERSONAL display cabinets, not for the communal ones I share with Noshi of series we both love and have various characters from, like That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime or Rising of the Shield Hero.  Those are figures in the living room displays, I`m talking about the mano-cavo displays.

Marin Kitagawa



Because of course, which otaku doesn`t like this female otaku from My Dress Up Darling.

Zero Two



She is sexy, she is hard as nails, and she is slightly off the bat.  So of course, combined with being a mecha show, Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx is on my to collect list.  And for that matter, also on my "have to get a tattoo with her" list.

Kurumi Tokisaki



I guess I might have a knack for slightly of the bat girls, as Kurumi fills that box just as well as Zero Two.  And the fact she is an epic gun-toting spirit makes her great material for lots of figures out there to collect.

Himiko Toga



Did I say of the bat?  Okay, so they probably don`t come further from the bat then Toga (okay, except perhaps Noshi's favorite Yuno Gasai, who still is strangely figureless) from My Hero Academia's League of Villains.  And her bangs make her look so innocent...

Ichika Nakano



Okay, this one is a bit more normal.  I loved The Quintessential Quintuplets, and Ichika was by far my favorite sister (I guess it's the tomboy hairstyle), so she is the one sister I`m collecting multiple editions from, especially the prize figures.
 
 
And yes, in the end I will have a tattoo of each and every one of those five!
 
While I will keep like one copy of characters I liked (like Ryder from Fate, MHA's Denki Kaminari or of course Yamcha from Dragonball Z), those will be the characters I will be aiming for and collecting mostly, hopefully granting every one of them a dedicated shelf over time!
 
Now to start sorting and finding back the boxes of the ones that won't be making the cut...


 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten