vrijdag 10 mei 2019

A good talk with Noshi

Okay, I love the girlfriend, she has that way of getting into my thick skull...

As you all know by now, the appartment has been bought, the loans approved, and the kitchen will be ordered soonish.

Now, that is also an expensive thing of course, and I was really intending to sell some of my armies for some more leeway in the budget, as unexpected costs will definitly be popping up along the road.  And after all, I still have a lot of models to play MESBG amongst others with against Noshi or any intrestee at the club.

Enter Noshi.  I discussed it with her, putting all my arguments on the table: barely any paint time, I won't be able to attend the club every week anymore (the big battle for example won't be in it for me, as exactly that weekend we will receive the keys and we need to do a lot of measuring for floors etc), extra funds for said floors and the likes... not to mention furniture.  And the fact it all has to be moved, even though my love for some of those is really dying out...


She basically bitch slapped me...

While she did understand me completely, she gave me her intruding gaze and basically forbade me to sell them for now.  Instead she rather wants me to not only continue in some projects at the club (the Dux campaign, the 40k League) even though I'm just a sideliner in the results, and not only that, to pump myself up back to my old competitive levels to actually try and bring home the trophies.  Not that that will happen though I fear...


But being the good boyfriend that I am, I actually listen to her advice because it would have been silly to ask for it in the first place.  And we worked out a compromise of sorts as such.  I will finish those competitions and go for the gold, or die trying at least.  And then either sell off the armies completely at our Crisis wargame show in november (in case of the Irish) or reduce them and sell of the excess models (like with my Emperor's Children is bound to happen, especially if new plastic Noise Marines should indeed appear).  On the other hand, non MESBG forces will indeed expand, but only to an "event limit" in points and not over it.  the T'au to 1500, the Idoneth to 2000, a Ninth Age force to 4500... that sort of things.

Now, this won't be for the very near future though, as I said in the beginning, painting time will also be severly cut down and there is nothing to do about that, the place needs to be renovated after all before we move in.  But for now, I found my gaming MOJO back a bit at least, and enter the fields of battle fully motivated again to take home the glory!

Thanks dearest, I needed that reality check...

2 opmerkingen: