maandag 28 oktober 2019

Avanti Savoia! - the tiny edition

As you could read a few weeks ago on this blog, Nemesis and me are dipping our toes into historical again, and this time in scale 6mm and the Blitzkrieg Commander rules.

Like with Flames of War back in the days, I looked at all the lists, but in the end I got dranw in once again by that beloved army of mine, the Italians.

Now, the book fetaures a variety of Italian army lists, to cover their participation ranging from the invasion of France at the beginning of the war over the african theatre, the expedition to Russia and the defence of Italy itself, so that is quite a variety of lists I can choose from.  And this should give me forces up to the capitulation of Italy in 1943 as a result.


I have as such been looking and planning for building a force for each of the theatre lists as a result, and while the North African list will probably become the biggest one of those, I'm going to be buying and painting models for every one of them, though some like the Balkan list will only be small 1000 point or such side affairs.  But it does add for some nice variety and will force me to use units I can't or won't be using otherwise due to just being "not good" (though, well, "good" and "Italians" aren't usually taken in the same sentence if one generally talks world war 2 gaming anyways).

So expect to see some posts about the build up of the forces over the coming months as a result, as they will be appearing moe frequently between all the Lord of the Rings and The 9th Age that are my main paint targets for 2020...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten