woensdag 22 november 2023

Warhammer Underworlds: Stormsire's Cursebreakers

 The latest warband I painted up for the excellent Warhammer Underworlds game, this is a bacnd that actually was in the second starter box, Nightvault.



Nightvault was the expansion that introduced magical powers into the game, and the Stormcasts where present with this threesome of powerfull spellhandlers.



Now, just like the original Steelheart warband, I didn`t want to go for the classic blue and gold colourscheme, but went for a drak grey carapace style, for two reasons:

1. It looked far different from their standard colours and



2. I finally wanted to try that Hardened Carapace paint from Army Painter that has been lying here since covid lockdown on something.

To contrast the dark grey, I decided on red and white robes for the models, while keeping some gold in for the details and ornaments, as well as the old metallic Emerald Green for the top layer of the crystals.



Now in all honesty, this band is more painted up as an "completeness sake" force, I doubt honestly if I will be fielding them in WHU, as I'm not a fan of Stormcasts.  It was on the other hand a fun experiment for the colours, which in that way I can take along in other projects.




Now onwards to the next warband!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten