woensdag 3 april 2024

Esprit D'Air at Kavka Antwerp

 Music time, as me and Noshi went to the Kavka in Antwerp on Easter Monday for the first ever concert in Belgium of Esprit D'Air.
 

 
So, that meant some heavy guitars and Japanese vocals on the menu...

But first the warm-up, and this was performed by Diamond Black.  A british band, it was formed by former Sisters of Mercy band member Ben Christo, they bring dark metal with a quite good atmosphere to it.
 

 




Their show had some nice visual effects (btw, all created by the bass player) and a nice light show.  I really liked their music, and it had some strong texts, like the number about fighting social insecurities and inner demons.
 

 




After their set, which lasted about an hour, it was time for the main-liner, Esprit D'Air.
 

 
A solo project headed by Kai, with a changing line-up of musicians (though the tour company now has been the same for a few years) they just released a new album, Oceans.  Needless to say a lot of the set came from that album as a result.




Their music, of which I knew next to nothing, as I bought the tickets months ago with the idea of "let me be suprised" is a mixture of electro metal and then some heavier songs as well.  Heavy drums, strong guitar play and a great lead singer, this was definitly worth the tickets.





We did leave about two songs from the end, as Noshi struggled with an emerging cold and that way we could make the tram smoothly to get back home.  But it was a nice evening out for certain, even though I wouldn't label it as my "that is what is playing on my radio during the day" style of music, I can appreciate and enjoy it very much.




So if you ever have the chance of seeing either of them at work, do so (hence why I didn't record any full songs in the clips, go discover these bands yourselves!) as they are certainly worth it.

Of course, the shows where enjoyed with the "Beer of the Month" they served, Jour de Fete.  A 4% IPA blonde, and I love those plastic glasses they serve it in.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten