dinsdag 2 april 2024

Winter Fantasy Anime League 2024 result

 So another effort for a rock solid result, though I must admit my tatses are often not the same as for the general public, resulting in all those leagues of the past only once ending in the upper 50%.



But never the less we persist, and let's see how my picks for this season faired!

My selected anime series in the end put in the following results:

Mato Seihei no Slave: 7th place
Dungeon Meshi: 3rd place
Ao no Exorcist - Shimane Illuminati-hen: 12th place
Yubisaki to Renren: 2nd place
Majo to Yajuu: 14th place - perhaps the only one I expected a bit higher up, considering how good this anime actually is.
Urusei Yatsura second season: 21st place
Synduality Noir part 2: 32nd place, mecha really is very niche
Dosanka Gal wa Namara Menkoi: 9th place

Which also resulted in the following weekly progress:

Week 1: 129767 points, 824th place - succesfully aced Dungeon Meshi
Week 2: 221594 points, 460th place - swapped in Dosanka Gal for Majo to Yajuu, succesfully aced Renren
Week 3: 616891 points, 1020 th place
Week 4: 799362 points, 669 th place, succesfully aced Dosanka Gal
Week 5:  1076664 points, 217 th place, succesfully aced Mato Seihei no Slave
Week 6: 1128285 points, 256 th place, swapped Ao no Exorcist for Majo to Yajuu
Week 7: 1516724 points, 628th place
Week 8: 1601280 points, 841st place, swapped Majo to Yajuu for Exorcist
Week 9: 1851237 points, 962 th place
Week 10: 2121550 points, 1232 th place
Week 11: 2240408 points, 1399 th place
Week 12: 2565756 points, 1019 th place, succesfully aced Exorcist
Week 13: 3173886 points, 1611 th place, swapped Exorcist for Urusei Yatsura, succesfully aced Urusei Yatsura, Wild Card points booster used
 
 
 
Well, that opening week of 824th place is the highest I ever gotten out the gates by far, so that was a bit of a mental boost, which got even better during week 2 as I found myself in the top 1% with both the top 3 anime at that time in my ranks and 2 succesfull aceings.



That it didn't dwindle down immediatly afterwards was unexpected, and with the luck of some succesful aces, I even found myself in the 217th place after week 5.  
 

 
Of course, I slowly started slipping down after that, but the strong selection meant I was guaranteed to put down my best result ever in these prediction competitions. But luck had it that two weeks from the end, four of my picked seasons went over the treshold, meaning I could play two more aces and the wild card point booster due to having a swap still left over.

While the penultimate week that caused still a boost in numbers, the final week I dropped to my finish position of 1611th, still within the top 6% though, as to many of my series had ran their finish a week earlier and so didn't really yield that much points as possible anymore.



Never the less, this was a season I'm proud of of having completed, and by far my best result ever scored in these challenges.  Four of my selected "main active" series ended in the top 10 of anime in the season, so that goes a long way in the points gathering scores, having picked series that ended 2nd, 3rd, 7th and 9th. 

But yes, the season really hit the top 50% I was aiming for, and which will be my goal for all four seasons of 2024 as well.  So hopefully I can repeat some decent scorings when the Spring challenge starts next week!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten