zaterdag 30 april 2011

Salute 2011 Limited Edition model painted

As some of you might know, I`m building the Irish Brigade for games in the American Civil War. Not just the famous `Fighting 69s`, but also all the sister regiments, the irish zouave regiments, and even the 1861 NYSM regiment in militia uniform.

To lead this green bunch, my commander would have to be no-one other then Thomas Francis Meagher himself.

The problem was alone to find a suitable model, and then this years Salute provided the answer, so here he is, my ACW commander in all his painted glory...

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Great job on this cool model. Esp like the dark blue and the painted letters..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks guys!

    I thought for this model to put a bit more time and effort into him, being my `supreme commander` et all of the force. The blue is actually thanks to a Vallejo model colour, Intense Blue, gives imho a great effect on Union uniforms.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen