donderdag 31 december 2020

The Best of 2020 Awards

 So the Covid-19 infused year has passed, and with hope on the horizon for at least a normal second part of 2021, it is time to look back at the year and take a look at my totally subjective view of the past 12 months.

As it has become a sort of yearly tradition, it of course handles about all the geeky related stuff once again, as I barely follow politics or economics in daily life...
 
 


Strating this year's list is my choice for Best Movie, and I selected The Lone Ranger.  A really underrated movie in my opinion, it was good fun and an epic trainchase scene!

 


In Best Series, was there any other possibility then the second season of The Mandalorian.  That finale... that unknown X-Wing... geekgasms galore!



The Best Book I read this year was the Warhammer Underworlds tie-in novel, Shadespire: the Mirrored City by Josh Reynolds.  It really emerges one into the setting, and adds nice cameo's of the various warbands from the first season.



Best Toy is something I only received this christmas actually, with the full series of Anime Heroes for Saint Seiya, consisting of Seiya, Aiolos and Saga.

Best Anime goes to Gundam Build Divers ReRise, and while perhaps not actually the best one I saw, it was a weekly dad and son moment as Thorin really enjoyed watching all those flashy colours.

 


In the Best Game category, I`m placing Rangers of Shadow Deep, a game I would never have discovered had Covid not happened, but the solo play and endless possibilities for a setting made it one I really enjoyed playing this year on the dining table.



Best Videogame goes for the second year to Harem Heroes, so that also means I actually haven`t been playing anything "serious" during the year, as I mostly spend my off-time with the little guy or painting models.

Best Wargame Figure is of course the GW model of Thorin Oakenshield, for obvious reasons!



The baby influenced a lot of the choices this year, and for music it is Blinding Lights.  It was topping the billboard here when Thorin was born, and it is actually a catchy song as well.

The Best Trade I did this year was a large box of GHQ micro armour for a measly 40 euro, though I still need to start painting them, something I plan to in the coming year... perhaps...

For Best Convention or Event I have to go with the Underworlds tournament I played in the beginning of february... because it is also the ONLY event I managed to get to this year.

 

Because what else then Covid-19 can be this year's biggest disappointment, grinding the hobby life to a complete standstill...

And that's it for 2020, the awards of the year from my highly personalised viewpoint!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten