woensdag 10 augustus 2022

The Kasterlee Beer Gift Crate

Past June, during a weekend trip to Kasterlee, I brought back a beer crate gift set.



This set is available at the touristic service center, and costs 13.00 euro for 5 beers (4 unique) and a glass.
 
 
So I will be reviewing each of the beers that where present in this set,  being:

* Duivelskuil (7.5% ABV, 23 IBU)
 
A brown beer, and not to shabby at all.  For those known with Belgian beers, think it in the style of Leffe brown, but with a more roasted taste.  It's one of those beers that can be recommended to get the digestive system going, so perfect like an hour before a heavy dinner or so.




* Kastel 2460 (7% ABV, 0 IBU) - this one is twice in the set.
 
A really good, easy on the mouth beer.  It is one of those hop beers you can relay enjoy on a terrace, with a mild sun on your face.



* Pompoen 2460 (6% ABV, 0 IBU)

Actually, while pumpkins are THE speicality of Kasterlee, this beer was the least favorite of the set for me.  In it's defence, I`m not that fond of fruity beers, being more of a hop beer, or a triple beer, drinker in prefered styles.  For me, it had a strange after taste to be honest.




* De Witte Madam (8.5% ABV, 0 IBU)

For this one, I had the highest hopes, as it is all down my alley with it's hoppy touch as advertised.  She didn`t disappoint per se, but was less HMMM then I anticipated.



But this was a good gift set, varied in tastes and all average to strong blonde / ambers, steering clear of white beers (which I don`t like that much) or heavy stout's.

All the beers are made at Kastelse Biervereniging.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten