donderdag 7 september 2023

The 9th Age: Infernal Dwarves Vassal Levies

 So we are back into the hobby at a decent rate, and I opted to go the The Ninth Age path in earnest as you could read in the past months on this little corner of the internet.



With of course what other force then the Dawi Zharr...

As you might remember from quite a while ago, I got a whole lot of metal Clan War figures from a collegue at work, and while sorting through the force, some ideas hit me.  



You see, he played Shadowlands, and while the skeletons didn`t float my boat, all those cool and comical samurai goblins seemed like the perfect models for the Levies (aka, the old Hobgoblin regiments).



I started out with a big block of 30 of them, as the whole lot contained 58 of them, and I wanted both a warrior and an archer unit.  I opted for a mixture of linked 20x20 bases (for the duo cast figures) and 2x2 bases, as they tend to die in droves anyway, making packing and handling far easier.  The command standard and musician had some slight greenstuff modifications from regular rank and file models, and the champion got a flaming sword to pick him out in the unit.



For the colourscheme, I went for a beige brown armour, just because that contrasts nicely with their green skintones, and is something else for once to paint compared to all the regular colours I used in the past.



The remainder of all the models I have lying around will, over time, be painted up to expand this unit far beyond it's T9A maximum unit size, but still have them suited then as either goblin slaves for 8th edition and the likes.  But for now, 30 is a nice sized block to act as a speed-bump for my Chaos Dwarf forces to try and flank the opposing units.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten