maandag 17 mei 2021

I tried: Super Mecha Champions

 Browsing through Steam, I found this free game in which you take command of giant Mecha and step into the arena.



After a full 0.3 seconds of pondering, I installed the game and jumped in the cockpit of my machine, because surely, those hours of watching mecha anime's should pay off, no?

Well, it did for the very first battle I played, a 100 player, solo mode Battle Royal in which I took my Trio of Enders and whacked them all.



Now, the game is free, the upgrades are not as it is pay to upgrade, like other pilots, other mecha and such.  I am not planning putting any money in it, and see where I will go with my starter pilot and the mechs at her disposal.

Graphic wise, the game is really good looking, and the servers and connections seem to hold up rather well at the moment.  Now lagging or glitches have been my part so far, and I play on UHD settings.



The learning curve is rather akwqrd, depending purely on the draw of the 100 participants.  In my first 5 Battle Royal games, on solo mode, I took home the top spot three times for example.  Not going in full Rambo in the first minutes helps, yet you need those items scattered around early as well to survive to the later part, so that is something to consider.  For example, a bad drop point to start can get you immediatly in a tough spot that is life or dead.



The only thing not seeming to work for me though are ingame purchases (perhaps a good thing?) meaning I tend to miss out on the launch promotions like new pilots and such.

So yeah, a fun game for certain, and lots of achievements to unlock so that should keep me going for a while!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten