maandag 22 mei 2023

Lord Ipsqueek's Adventures: Deurne Airport 100 years celebration

 Oh cool, I went to see classic airplanes this sunday!

The local airport of Deurne Antwerp exists 100 years this year, and as such had a whole lot of activities on display to celebrate.

So together with mommy, daddy, Ribbi and Katia I went there to watch some old airplanes flying around and on the ground.

As we neared the airport, there where some double decker planes, Stampe SV-4's, doing aerial tricks, which was pretty cool.




We came to a long line to enter, but as we enjoyed a show by T6 planes, the line progressed smoothly and within half an hour we where inside.





Inside there where a lot of planes on display, and we strolled around while a Pitts S2 did some screws in the air.








This huge airplane my daddy told me is the pride of the Belgian airforce, the C130 Hercules.  Luckily she didn`t start her engines or we would have probably flew away hihi.


There was also this little bit odd looking, cute airplane of the German airforce present, a Rockwell OV-10 Bronco.






After the Bronco, a real beauty taxied off, the Lockheed Electra.



We could watch this plane take off in all calmness, as lining for the drinking coins line was perhaps the only downside at the event, this was a true anthill-ly mess daddy told me.  



The final plane we watched was the one daddy really wanted to see, the sleek and elegant Supermarine Spitfire!






So that was my first experience plane watching, as after that we went home and I had my potatoes, brocolli and steak, while the grow ups had their salads.  I must say, I didn`t like daddy's tuna though hihi...



Until the next adventure I can share with you!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten