So it is that time of the year again, where the daring members of the Lead Adventure Forum square off on the field of battle.
This year it`ll run from march onwards, and there have been some changes in the rules, most importantly for me the following
* Entrants are restricted to 50: Roight, so first I have to see that I can get into it uberhaubt. I hope my efforts and results of the last 2 years might be able to reserve me a spot.
* No photoshopping etc, plain backgrounds: Okay, it wipes away my plan to make 10 paintings to serve as a background, but it is all in all a good ruling. Just figures, no blahblah.
* Start the League with already three teams submitted: I always entered fully fresh teams, so no problem there in essence, but as soon as the Chaos Dwarfs are done, I better start painting for the League entry on the 27th of February.
Bonus themes have been decided as well, I kinda like them but it is going to be hard to reach all goals for maximum points.
* Round 1: Old Metal - classic, pre 1991 metal models. I like this, I even have a still uncracked blister from 1978 with some Star Trek Andorians by Heritage Miniatures, it`s about time I start painting them then...
* Round 5: Tolkien - full points are for a team of 5 heroes and 5 opponents. Nothing a walk to the local GW can`t solve, just going to need to combine as few models as possible for as few euros as possible. So 4 or 5 blisters should be sufficiant.
* Round 10: Naval - the one I dread. You need 2 times 5 ships plus a large model for full points, so perhaps I should order up some extra Confederate Ironclads to face off the Union ones I have lying around, and build something like a fort for the large model. Doubtfull I`m going to score the full amount for this round, but we`ll give it a try none the less.
So what are going to be the goals then this year?
* Try to win 5 out of 10 rounds. Last year I managed four, so being ambitious here
* Try to end in the first half of the table. Previous years I always fell short just of the halfway turnpoint, so this year it`s time to haul myself into that half.
* Gather once more all bonus points. This is going to be a hard one...
This year I`m going to try and do a weekly series on the how I fares, but first things first, let`s see if we make the Hallowed Fifty in the first place...
Sorry PS3, you`ll have to wait for me just a bit longer...
Warcradle Studios - Plastic Cor Caroli Preview
35 minuten geleden