woensdag 10 oktober 2018

The Smaugfunding Project

So, Middle Earth wargaming round 2...

While I was strolling the GW site, I suddenly came across this "little" beauty


That's a 385 euro piece of resin dragon goodness, what a model... and what a price tag, even though personally I don't find it to over the top.

But to shelf it down out of the blue.... hmmm, I might pass for that.  But then I remembered that 5 euro challenge I (succesfully) did a few years ago, to get a StarCom Starwing bomber.  Maybe I should just do that in a bit larger scale, and make it a crowdfunding project.

No, not Kickstarter and the likes of crowdfunding, but funding the dragon with my little figures crowd, by FINALLY finishing off some miniatures I bought in a "flare up" of already deceased projects, armies of systems I'm getting out off (my Dux force after the campaign ends) or even flat misbuys (old metal Ogryns for the Renegades, only then to find out they can't take the gun versions).

To that end, I added a small counter on my objectives bar, and I'll be having a go at this, getting the mighty Smaug the Golden in my collection just by trading around used figures and putting the funds on my Paypal account as a result...

Let's see if we succeed before he gets out of production!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten