vrijdag 11 september 2020

Review: Irregular Miniatures Aztec army pack

Part of the Conquest of Mexico range by Irregular Miniatures, this army pack costs 17.60 GBP, and I bought it mostly to try my hand at painting a very colourful army in this scale.

Opening the clip bag the force comes in, 46 strips as well as the throne and 4 standard bearers look me back in the eye.

 Now, the models are cleanly cast, and from what I read on the internet is that Irregular figures pop out more of their details once paint gets applied, but they aren`t to shabby at all!

The pack contains both wider type strips as well as more compact ones, and even though left and right a straggler has left the building, there isn`t really a look of "emptiness" where this happened, so that should be fine once they are based up together.


I still have to do the maths though as to how exactly I`ll be positioning them on 60x30mm bases, as the strip width differs from Baccus6mm models as such.


Well, except of course the characters and the two strips of skirmishers, those shall be easily put in ragtag formations on their bases.  I`ll be doing the smaller ones as such on 30x30mm ones to prevent them from 'drowning' amidst flock and tufts.



But this definitly is a nice starter deal for a force I mainly bought to go "colourfull" when painting, with all the Jaguar, Eagle and more of those exotic troops to make.  It won`t be for just yet though, as these guys are one of the projects that will be prepared (stuck on bases, cleaned up and undercoated) for the coming edition of the AHPC at the end of the year... like most of the 6mm armies.


Until the next unpacking of the various Irregular forces I bought!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten