zondag 10 januari 2021

Unboxing Direchasm core set

 It is time to open the box of the fourth season of Games Workshop's "ultimate competitive game"of Underworlds, called Direchasm.



And these starter boxes are great value I say, coming with two warbands, all the cards needing to play, boards, counters, etc...
 


The back of the box shows the contents as per usual with GW.
 


Now, first of all, the cards.  This is the one thing I haven`t cracked open yet until the whole Covid-19 shannanigans are beyond us, and matched play can begin again.  Heck, I might even have the bands actually painted up by then...  The cards come in three decks, being one for each warband with all their unique cards (aka, those that don`t cycle out) and a pile of the generic objectives and plots.



For warbands themselves, both are 4 man bands contained within a single sprue.  There are the Lumineth, Myari's Purifiers, whose look I really dig and judging by the models have a bit of everything.
 

 


The other warband are the Slaaneshi Dread Pageant, and while my love for the Prince of Pleasure is well known, I doubt I'm playing these.  Contrary to the general public it seems, I don`t really like the look of the half beastman, half demon bloke.  Glisette on the other hand is a superb model in my opinion.
 

 
We also get the needed dice of course and tokens.





The rulebook has evolved from the small leaflet from season 1 to a full fledged booklet now, full of examples and lovely artwork and stylised pictures.







And a small leaflet for the tutorial game is now included as well, to get new players going in the awesome setting of Underworlds.



The boards then.  There are two double sided ones as usual, and let's have a quick look at them.



This first one, I love.  It has NOTHING on it, no lethal hexes, no obstructions... so when I take my Zarbag Gitz out to play, this board is coming along to be used whenever I face a band of the Flying Laundry Brigade like in the tournament I played in february '20.



The other side features a double blocked and two lethal hexes, looking like a nice board for small, defensive warbands like Eternals.



Board three is pretty generic, a lethal hex in the middle and the starting positions around it.  Though if layed down in it's depth for a smaller to medium sized band, it becomes a nicely defensible one.



The final one is really a normal board, two blocked ones and no lethals, a good back up imho for my Gitz to face the ghosts bands who ignore lethals anyways.



And there you have it, the contents of the latest Underworlds base game box.  As I said in the beginning, a good deal to be made as it has great value and contents.

If you think about picking one up, why not click the affiliate banner at the top of the blog.  They have nice discounts from 15 to 20%, and your beloved blogger here gets a few pennies of store credit in the process...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten