vrijdag 22 maart 2024

On Tour to the Frituur part 1: Cafetaria Happy in Putte - Kapellen

 In a brand-new, occassional series here on the channel, I will be talking of little frituurs (a belgian term for a place where you by Belgian fries and snacks) that I visited during my drives across the country.

In every place, I will be ordering the same thing if possible: a small fries package, a sauce, something to drink, and a preferably speciality of the house snack... and tell about my experience here.



Starting off the series is Cafetaria Happy, located at the Antwerpsestraat 18, 4645 BJ Putte, Netherlands which is about 50 metres across the border.  While it doesn't look supermodern, it gives of this real authentic vibe of a local small eating place, where I can imagine a lot of take-out is happening.  Behind the corner was a friendly young guy of chinese heritage, and their menu cart both had traditional take-out chinese food as well as the usual suspect for a frituur.  They had a good selection of snacks, so you can find something to your liking there for sure.



My order:

I went for a small fries with Joppy saus, a cola and a gehaktstaaf (minced meat bar) Wilhelmina, something I didn't now but has a bit of a spicy taste to it, not bad at all.  The total order came down to 8.00 euro as such.  
The fries where well baked and not greasy at all, a clean and crisp yellow and the portion was just fine for a quick snack.  It also came nice and smooth, though I was well before traditional rush hour so that might differ of course during peak time, but I had my order in about 7 minutes after ordering.  



Conclusion:

While the interior is out of fashion, the fries where very well done, and the service was friendly, so I will rate this at a 7 out of 10, and setting it as such as the benchmark to compare future places against.



Onwards to the next journey and wherever a frituur shall be visited!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten