woensdag 27 maart 2024

Warhammer Underworlds: Skaeth's Wild Hunt

 The first Underworlds warband for 2024 has been painted up, hoozaaah!



And the choice fell to Skaeth's Wild Hunt, a band of savage Kurnothi (basically the only ones in the whole Age of Sigmar setting so far) out to brave the Beastgrave.

These models came as part of the third season core box, and I always liked Wood Elves so no wonder they are pretty high up on the list of warbands to paint.  So with Elathain now nearing his "climax" as he will be taken to a tournament, it is time for another warband to be readied and played, probably being ran on weekly gatherings until the event in Ekeren, should I be required to step in as the TO due to an uneven number of players.





Being aelven, they are fragile but agile, bit like Morgwaeth's that I played, but have a more guerilla style of play, so that will be another adaption in playstyle that will be required.  For the colour scheme, I went rather "sylvaneth" in style, using browns and greens mostly, with a deep red-brown for some contrast.

For the bases, I opted for a muddy brown mixed with pale green for leaves and coverings, this contrasted by stark orange and purple flowers.  And I admit, I went for the pale foliage as a "testbed" for when I start painting the Flesh eater Courts warbands to see what it does for a skintone (which, after this test, I will use).



Looking at their Rivals deck, these guys actually seem fun to try out.  Their Inspire is super easy (have them charge) and their objectives are mostly revolving around occupying Objective Hexes.  I think I'll be taking boards along when I play them with a lot of letal and / or blocked hexes, in order to have their mobility and range be more of a factor.

Well, in a few weeks I'll be fielding them as such for the first time, let's see how it will go!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten