zondag 22 december 2019

AHPC10: The Prize: Shepherd Book

A new twist this year is that every Challenger must complete a "Prize" figure to be awarded to everyone obtaining the X on the treasure map.

And as I want to run that race, I of course joined that pool and painted up this model.

Shepherd Book, known from the beloved Firefly television series and produced by Heresy miniatures.


As such, the loyal companion also kicks off my challenge this year, not only netting me 5 points for a single 28mm figure, but on top of that yields a nice 25 bonus points on top of this.


And now, let's start our quest into the island interiors and discover the treasures lying in wait there!  To that end, I`ve been plotting my course across Challenge Island, and I estimate my journey will go like this:


I will start on the Path of the New Shiney, making landfall on Reidy's Reef and then working my way inward through Buch's Bluff, Mudry's Mesa and up to Rousel's Sandhill (1).  This also opens the route to the Snow Lord's Peak (6) for when I reach the 5 required challenges.

At this stage, I will be making use of Lady Sarah's Balloon to fly my to Fran's Fjord, and work inland from there across Bromley's Butte and Piper's Peek (2).

Another journey by Balloon then awaits me, in order to travel to Sander's Sanddunes and onwards to Millsy's Millpond (3).  Skipping across the next challenge by Balloon, I will land again at O'Grady's Gulch (4).

From there, a journey again by air will carry me to Cook's Crevasse (5) before a final airlift will be called in and bring me to the Snow Lord's Peak (6).

And that should take me along the island nicely, completing 11 challenges, 5 Balloon trips and hopefully overcoming the final challenge... while also making a dent in Lead Mountain.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten