vrijdag 27 december 2019

It's alive, ALIIVEEEE! The first night with the Ender 3

So yesterday I called in my little brother in law to help me build the christmas present: an Ender 3 printer.

Now, this guy is an engineer and had whole courses at high school with those machines, so I let him do his thing and in the meanwhile tinkered a bit with Cura and files.

Once the machine was assembled, I could as such start doing my first test prints.


The first model, from Thingyverse, was a 28mm priestess, but I scaled her to small (it counts in the footpiece and such) at 28mm, so she will be relegated to "statue duty" for games of 6mm or 10mm, for which she is the ideal size.  Never the less, she came out very nice for a first run.

A second effort in learning to scale is a Jen from The Dark Crystal movie, normally an 11 cm high model, but I scaled him down to 32mm

This gave me a nice sized figure, especially once I cut of his base (needed to get the supports removed between her cloak and the legs) I had a nicely sized model somewhere between an MESBG size hobbit and a human.

Now to see how these paint up in the coming days...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten