dinsdag 31 december 2019

What I painted in December 2019

The last one for this year, but also the first full month in the new mancave, and with some regular paint time back on the schedule.

Add to that that the AHPC has begun again, and I went out full blazes to salvage at least something of the paint numbers this year.

The first three quarters of the month have been dedicated not to actually painting, but preparing and undercoating a LOT of models (for my doing at least) because it was AHPC time again, so I didn't paint anything big actually before the challenge started out.  Though I did finish these models in the time before the start:

The first batch are some farmland scatter terrain, and this second one is the test model for my Italians in North Africa 6mm.

I also completed some 28mm "statues" during this assembly and undercoating phase, a nice quick in between paintjob while glue is drying.

We moved to the AHPC preparations in order to start scoring points this year, and the first ones that entered the competition where these models:

The challenge this year requires that every participant needs to paint up a prize model to be shipped out to the winners, and I opted for Shepherd Book by Heresy Miniatures, of course from the beloved Firefly series.

I also completed my first Challenge Map entry, Reidy's Reef, which had a naval bonus theme.  So I painted up the Regia Marina fleetbox I bought past Crisis.


Not only that, but having a week off made me manage some more big entries in small scales, as my 1000 points Blitzkrieg Commander Belgians got their colours as well.  Now they just need to earn them on the battlefield as well...



So, a respectable 67 models have been finished as a result, not to shabby to end the year with!

1 opmerking: