woensdag 1 januari 2020

Wargame Hobby Bingo: the 2020 start

Last year I did the Middle-Earth Hobby Bingo, and managed to cross off over 2/3ths of the squares or thereabouts, and it was great fun.

So for this year, I`m going to try the Wargame Hobby Bingo instead, though the tile making squares I already know I won`t be completing due to lack of space.

But there are some very intresting, and especcially motivating, squares on that roster, that *might* force me to finish some other projects at long last.  And that is after all the whole goal of the bingo.


I will be posting about 6 updates during the year, the first which will come somewhere around the half of february normally, when the results of the AHPC will hopefully begin to influence the selections as such.

Going top left to bottom right, I guess some are quite feasible, while others will require serious effort or even unattainable considering the space I have. So let's have a look at those I will definitly try to scratch off this year, all the rest I'll be considering a bonus if I get them done:

Break out a game or army: surely attainable, I still have that Underworlds s2 lying around to try out, while s3 has already been released and bought.
Paint all of the models in a faction starter box: Underworlds again comes to mind, but I have others lying around as well like the Cruel Seas Regia Marina.

All miniatures in a boardgame: on the planning, probably the chibi's of one of the many CMON games we have here.

Sculpt something on a model: definitly no problem with all those MESBG captains I still need to convert
Re-paint a pre-paint: easy peasy, how many gashapon Gundams you want?

Paint a vehicle: another easy score, in a lot of scales if needed
Paint within 48 hours: did it for the ME last year, should be able to do so again
Freebie based models: certainly, I'll pick one of the MESBG army goals to obtain this one
New painted unit before playing: another freebie for me, as I never play unpainted

Scenery kit: in the ever growing Middle-earth, this is definitly happening
Paint a Monster: hellooooo Moria Dragon
Convert a model: more MESBG captains shall make this happen

Paint a new version of an old model: with all those lovely new MESBG plastics coming out, this is bound to hapen soonish.
Build and paint accessories: I still need to make objective markers for my MESBG forces anyways
Finish an unpainted model from over a year: this defines about half my MESBG collection, some even back to 2001...
Paint a model of an army not played yet: that again describes almost a quarter of my MESBG collection, so the first army I start now will tick this off.  Probably Khand or the Fiefdoms I guess...

So that means 14 out of the 25 squares this year should mean "sure-shots" to complete on the roster, we'll see how it goes though and how fast it will all be achieved then...

Have fun reading the updates, or even try the bingo for yourself this year!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten