donderdag 18 juni 2020

Regiments de Clare and Aunis

And so it comes that I completed the last two bases of the Wars of the Sun King pack I ordered for the AHPC.


The final two bases of Musketeers, and to be honest, I got quit hooked on painting them, in that I will be expanding the force over the coming months and, probably more likely, years.

These two regiments are the Regiment de Clare, which was present at the battle against the League of Augsburg, and consisted of irish volunteers.  It was an auxilliary regiment reduced to batallion size after the treaty of Limerick.


I also admit I made a boo-boo, because I switched banners around.  These are the actual banners of the Piemont regiment I did a while ago, and send them into the world keeping aloft the Clare banners, mea culpa.  I misread the Baccus flagsheets, thinking it was a up towards down listing instead of a left to right one... which would have been to obvious with three names and three flags for each line x-D

The second base is the Regiment de Aunis, part of what would later become the Languedoc regiment.


I really enjoyed creating these little regiments, and with my next order at Baccus 6mm I will be ordering some more packs to expand on them and make them three base units each for starters.


This is also what I love about 6mil, I now only painted up a single pack of models, good for 4 bases (aka units) yet they already start to look like a very solid battleline as they number 96 models now. 

3 opmerkingen: