donderdag 5 oktober 2023

Fall 2023 Fantasy Anime League selection

 So, after the once again not so great performance in the summer 2023 edition, I never the less jumped back in for the Fall edition.

And now I did my research... not.  One day gut feeling will rule.



The season has once more restricted series, and I picked two from them of course.

Tokyo Revengers immediatly went to the actives, while Dr Stone, which starts airing during the second week of the challenge, went to the bench to be swapped in during the second week.

And then I had 61 selections to pick from... this will be hard.  Another one I picked and benched due to a later airing date, probably swapping it in the week after Dr Stone, was Dead Mount Death Play part 2.  While considering the cult status of FLCL, I picked the new Grunge series as well, and again benched to swap in after it started airing.  Filling up my bench already, but this time with titles bound to come in.
 
And then I learned FLCL was a short 3 episode mini-series that aired end of september, and as a result a "dead" choice in my bench as it already finished airing as the season started.  This season truly isn't looking promising...



And leaving me with no clue what to take for the rest (Shield Hero for obvious reasons wasn't a possibility), so I went with things I plan to watch.

Overtake for example, a series focussed on formula 1.  Or the third season of Uma Musuma, the previous ones having done well.  Saihate no Paladin and Hametsu no Oukoku rounded out my active starters, because I like fantasy shows, and they are airing from the first week to snatch up early points!

But more then that isn`t planned... so let's see how we will be fairing once again over the coming weeks...  I seriously doubt I`ll make if further then the bottom 95% with my selection, as I have no clue on a lot of shows as I said above.  Sometimes picks are easy because either it are sequels to shows I follow, or they are mecha (not that that yields great results, but at least I knew the series), this time, it really was an all out of the blue selection.

Now, to see and pray I rake in some points along the way...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten