woensdag 18 oktober 2023

Hail Hashut! I did it!!!

 There are some of those days that stars align in a certain way, and things just come together.  Even though near the end, midnight oil was required to be burned...



And the 16th of March was such a day...

That day in the morning, I saw that my former wargame club was organising a The 9th Age tournament the last sunday of october, and I half though "maybe I should see for an army and give it a go".

That day during lunch, I received a box of classic metal Clan War figures, the unboxing is on my YouTube, and it had big demons and goblins in it.  My left arm started glowing, and I heard my sacred tattoo whisper "do it, DO IT" and I did.

I started a new a fantasy army for the tournament, and with a new that not only meant painting, but also buying, assembling, learning the way the army must be build... everything.  I never played the game.  I am joining a tournament next week.  But I do have my Warhammer Fantasy knowledge to fall back on, and without wanting to sound aloof, I wasn't to shabby in that game.  People all told me this is just another edition of Warhammer, so I hope I won't be flailed around like a newborn Goblin fanatic...



But, I completed my force, 3.500 points, 115 models, in the limited painting time I had in roughly the past 6 months.

Next target: NOT to finish in last place!  I guess my army list is everything from optimal in the "meta" but I don't care about that part, I played enough games with underdog forces and tend to draw on historical rank and file gaming as well as my WFB experience to try and compensate by placing selected charges and fate that Hashut will bless my dice.

So now to pack it all up in my carry case and march of to war!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten