maandag 5 november 2018

Crisis 2018 swag!

Kind of a special episode of my Haul Reports, let`s take a look at what I brought back from the Crisis show.

But first, let's go over the planned purchases list for this year's show, a massive report on which can be found a post back.

So, planned purchases... well, quite a lot and yet not to expensive to be honest.

First and foremost there was a gaming mat on the list, in the form of the 3 by 3 neoprene mat "The Valley" by Pworks.  Excellent size for me and Noshi to play some small games at home and get the hang of games like Burrows and Badgers, Middle Earth or even 40k.

This was obtained at Pworks as such for 39 euro.

Talking 40k, I had the alternative Fulgrim on my list by HiTec Miniatures.  A modest 20 euro later, the model was in my possession...

At KR Multicase, I`am out for a cardboard box filled with various sized cavalry trays, to transport either my Rohirrim or my Dux cavalry to and fro the club.

So I spend the 36 euro and got the case with cav and infantry models trays as such.

And I had a list of Coat D`Arms paints to stock up on, being 5x Bone (I use that a lot on my slaanesh bases0, 2x US Dark Green (same reason), 1x Angel Green and 1x Flesh.

This was a bummer though, as no trader carried their whole range.  I only scrounged together a pot of flash, and one not on my list but handy suntanned flesh .

On the look around if found cheaper then online list, I had the Armies of Middle Earth book for the Lord of the Rings game, as well as the three different dice cubes which aren`t in store at my local GW.  So I was going to look for all this before putting in mail orders.

The result was... nothing.  I did find at the Bring and Sell the older set of Moria dice though, for a measly 5 euro.

From Foundry or Footsore or the likes, I needed to find two mounted Dark Age characters in case I ever want to "mount" my Noble and his Champion up in a campaign, while I also needed one or two "holy men" wether being priests, abbots, clerics or the likes, because in the next Dux campaign I`ll probably end up again with the Romano British, and they are catholics by then (but more info on that as the time comes, first we need to finish the current one...).

I didn`t get any mounted models (I honestly totally forgot to go look after them), but grabbed an Athelstan figure from Stronghold for 5.5 euro to serve as my priest.  In the same manner and price, I also picked up their Floki, because well, Floki...

And I decided to look in bargain bin boxes and the second hand section for some unpainted LOTR... which was another big nothing.  I did find, also at the Bring and Sell, this nice piece of terrain for another measly 5 euro which is suitable to litter the battlefields of the east.


And not planned purchases, surely you must have made those?

Surely, at Bad Squiddo I picked up two blisters, one of Freya the Norse Godess, and one of the Celtic queen Cartimandua.

When Noshi dropped by at the show, we walked around and at Sarissa grabbed some of the Burrows and Badgers models.  They did a GBP = EUR (as did a lot of traders) promotion, and the smallest we got two for 10 euro instead of 12 GBP, so we now have 4 of the cute little houses to build and paint for 30 euro total.

And the final "impulse buy" was the british buldog from Warbases for 1.5 euro.

There where also some freebies to grab, and first it was from Nemesis.  Not only did he do a great job selling some of my old stuff on the BnS, returning me 70 euro (basically making the mat and the Sarissa houses free), I nicked some slotta bases from him for one "virtual" euro.

Wargames Illustrated donated a box of their latest issue for the clubmembers during the breakdown of the venue, so I took one along of them as well.

Finally Anvil industries had sent a heap of conversion pieces, and I picked out some sprues for that purpose as well...

So that`s a rather decent, but not unearthily expensive, swag for me this year.  A good Crisis indeed it was...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten