dinsdag 27 november 2018

Torchwood: Long Time Dead - Sarah Pinborough

A prequel to Miracle Day, the Torchwood series was a great show to watch in my opinion.

I still find it a shame I couldn`t get to FACTS autumn 2018 though to grab an autograph with John Barrowman as such...

Also, this is the first instalment of returning to my old format of reviews of series, movies and books.  I will no longer be doing the what I like / dislike points to be honest, as at times it was hard wording in short points about those.
Instead I`m returning back to just taking a look at the books and such, with some plot and synopsis pieces included, but then inserting any opinions into them as I go along.  Because for me, it is simpler to write up stuff that way to be honest, and it is not like this is a professional review site or such anyways x-D.

Now, with her memory and mind unlcoked, it was as if she could truly see it.  The zwfulness inside.  The pain that waited.  The horror that lived there.  It was coming.  The screaming of millions.

Cardiff Bay.  The government has ordered the excavation of the wreckage of a secret underground base.  DCI Tom Cutler is watching from a distance, fascinated by the process.  There are people in his dreams.  People he feels he should know.
The disbanded Torchwood Institute spent a century accumulating non-terrestial artefacts and catching aliens.  Who knows what - or who- might still intact down there.
By the time they find the first body, Suwie Costello is long gone...

Based on the Torchwood series, the highly enjoyable spin-off from Doctor Who, this book gives a good go-in for the Miracle Day arc.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten