zaterdag 24 november 2018

Emperor's Children vs Grots 1500 points battle report

Okay, so "grots" is just a fancy name for Tom DG's excellent Ork army list, featuring as many grot units as possible alongside a trainload of conversions.

And he issued a challenge to see how it will perform, and Fulgrim answered the call.

Now, I took along exactly the same army list as versus the Custodes last week.  Not because they have to redeem themselves, but because I didn't get along unpacking my force anyways the past days, so it is the same composition for me as seen HERE.

The Grot horde consisted of all of the following... (mind you, a lot of the units are actually Orks, but are converted to be Gretchin models).
A Warlord, 2 Runtherdz, a Weirdboy, a Big Mek, 2 blocks of Gretchin, a unit of Choppa Boyz, a unit of shoota boyz, a unit of loota boyz, a unit of burna boyz, 4 grot tanks, a grot battle wagon, a dreadnought and a big cannon.





After the forces deployed over the table, we where ready for the Tactical Escalation scenario, in which I had chosen "Purge" and my opponent "Take and Hold".


The Emperor's Children took the first turn and quickly blew away the cannon, taking the first blood victory point as a result, and doing enough causalties on the shoota boyz to have two more run off and wipe out the loota boyz.

The green tide then started moving towards my line, but at a rather slow and unorcfull pace.  His shooting didn`t do that much, and as a result there where no charges.



Turn one ended as a 1-0 score.

In turn two, my forces caused casualties all over his battle line, and destroyed some of his armoured support in the form of one of the grot tanks and the battlewagon, but I didn`t score any points as a result as I had drawn the "destory units in melee" purge card.



The advancing Orc tide didn`t shoot down to much on my side again, and as a result still didn`t get any victory points because his two objectives where at my deployment zone or there about, and had a lot of my troops camped on it.



And so the result of 1-0 remained.

With half the orc force already decimated, my third turn was the one where the points needed to be scored, and onwards we went.  The Dark Apostle and Cultist moved forward to try and take out the gretchin unit, while the rest of the line started focussing fire.  As a result of that, his troops in the center where blown apart by the horrendous amount of sonic shots, while his dreadnought was taken down by mine and his krak missiles.  Mass fire took down the Burna boyz, before they could become a real problem in my flank... but I ended up destroying only two units while I had the Overwhelming Firepower card in hand.

In the melee phase, the cultists and the apostle charged the grots, but his force field saved a single one, not giving me the points gashdarnit.

In the orc turn, the warlord threw himself in the melee as well and took down some cultists, but he couldn`t save the poor gretchin being swamped, and I also gained a point as such for the Blood and Guts card.  His shoota boyz had returned as well with a stratagem, and shot down some havocs earlier but wouldn.t do much more.

Both yielded an extra point each as being my chosen type, so the score went to 5 - 0 this turn.

And so we entered turn 4, what would probably become the final one.  My Noise Marines and warlord moved forward, ready to assault the orc survivors in the center.  After decimating that group with all their shots, they charged in on the surviving two characters, being the runthert and the weirdboy, and took them down smoothly.


In the big melee on the other side, the orc warboss was taken down by the Apostle and the cultists, making it so that the Kingslayer was scored (of course, I ran a 1), but together with the Slay the Warlord would add 2 more points to my tally, bringing me to 7.


At this point, the Orcs conceded, being left with a few shoota boyz, a runtherder on 2 wounds and a single Grot tank.  The priority missions from the scenario granted me another point, ending the battle at 8-0

More ork junk for the altar of Slaanesh after a fun battle against a gorgeous army!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten