zaterdag 9 november 2019

Crisis 2019 Show Report

It's november again, and that means it's time for our annual wargames show, Crisis.

Taking place once again in the Waagnatie venue in Antwerp, it was a bit of a special show for me, resulting in this "light" edition of a show report.

You see, I'm a bit on two minds for this year.  I spend most of the day in the Bring and Buy section, dumping models at fleamarket prices in order not to have to move them next week to the new appartement.
But that also meant unfortunatly that by the time I could do a tour, Ipsqueek was making Noshi very, very tired, so I did my shopping, snapped some pictures, and then went home already at 16.00, so I don't have pictures of all the games as usual, nor of the big picture of the show.


Though I'm quite sure our appointed photographer took more then enough,so you'll see them pop up on the net in the coming days.

But let's have a look at the thingies I did see this year, and some words to go with them of course...

As always, there was a large variety of traders and games on show, though the Brexit ghost has caused a shift towards more "continental" traders as some regulars from the UK didn't make it this year.  A pity though, as I really wanted to go heavy "in" at Baccus 6mm.

Now, on the level of the games, I noticed two trends continuing from previous years:

1. World War 2 is by far the most demonstrated / played period, as can be seen from this variety of pictures.






2. Small scale skirmish games seem to be the other big popular item, games requiring a handfull of figures and can be played on the kitchen table.







Of course, there where some other games that caught my intrest but as I said in the beginning, I probably missed a heap, and did not have time to make long picture series for each of them.





It seems long gone are the days of the mass battles, though it is still around as rank upon rank of gorgeous uniforms march over the battlefield, but it is becoming less with the year it seems...








And then there was this gem:




One other thing I saw at the convention, but didn't buy just yet, was this mdf rack for paints, which might be my saviour for the newer, smaller paint desk in the new place.

So to round this short report of this year's show out, here are some more random snapshots of things that caught my eye, and drop by monday to see what the loot of the show has been...











Until next year, where I can be more involved again in the whole show, from the organisation to the build up and break down, and the day itself of course!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Nice pictures as always from you. I also did see only part of the show, demoing up to 12h00. I had the same idea as you, that there are more small games each year. Our club (HQ gamesclub) also put up a skirmish game, but next year, it will be big again! And I am planning a even bigger game for 2021!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. "Brexit ghost" - wtf? How has anything changed yet?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Still nothing, but with the initial date of 31st of october, a week before the show, some traders understandably decided not to take the risk and make the trip (booking hotels, travel expenses, etc)

      Verwijderen