woensdag 16 oktober 2024

Warhammer Underworlds: Hrothgorn's Mantrappers

 Now this is a warband I painted with a mission!



When I finally got my hands on this all but forgotten warband, I just heard a voice inside my head telling me my hobby motto: F*ck the META.



I just needed to paint this warband up, and build a Nemesis deck for them to take them to a tournament in the future!

When I got my hands on the warband in a recent lot haul, I just loved the huge over the top crossbow he hauls along.  And to that end, I wanted to paint him up.  

Now, his warband is a pure "voltron style" band, his Rivals deck for example are almost all objectives the leader scores and the upgrades are mainly for him as well, even able to push him to 8 wounds, making him the biggest badboy in the game.



Now, my plan for him is to connect him with Rimewyrm's Bite after the Under-Ekeren tournament, as the deck is currently melted together with my Dread Pageant.  The ping damage should compensate for the minor damage the three gnoblar attendants dish out, and it has some objectives that should be easily do-able with the ogre / cat tandem.

For the cat I went for an icy colourscheme, allowing it to blend good into the lore, while the gnoblars had a regular greenish skin and brown furs, nothing to fancy on them.



And of course, there is the trap as well, which basically turns a hex into a lethal hex XXL, the goal being to goad / push the enemy onto it for a juicy automatic 2 damage.



I'm curious how he will play for sure, and look forward to try him out in a month or two on our casual game nights!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten