vrijdag 5 april 2013

Sometimes Inspiration comes from the smallest of things...

It`s true.  You see something, something small, something barely noticable... and that gray matter in your head that we call `mayonaise` overhere in Antwerp, is starting to turn.

It has been happening to me quite a few times the past days.  First time was when I stumbled upon the uber powerfull red Magic card... Dual Casting.  I think I have a trainload of those `not even worth trading unless a collector wants a playset` rares, think of it as the Dandan of ages past.  I could coat rooms in the amount os copies I had of that one.



And the mill churns.  And you have M13 Chandra that has a similar effect.  And the Boros Reckoner which ain`t the nicest card to try and remove once cast.  Enter Killing Wave... and all the burn spells in my red aggro deck at the moment...

I`m awaiting Dragon`s Maze, but then I`m going to see if it is do-able to build a `Burn and Copy` red deck with a hint of blackness for the last months in the Type 2 enviroment before Chandra cycles out upon the arrival of M14.  Or even expand it to a Modern deck if it `rolls`...

But this ain`t the only inspiration.  After the initial Gundanium event rules I was penning, and the comments of Mr John Parrus who did a bit of external reviewing and insighting, I have been tinkering with them for the past few months.  Hitting dead rock.  Until I read something on a game designers blog about integrating defense and action values into one single `line`.
Under the motto an idea well stolen is better then a crappy invention, I went about to tinker on that idea, and I have come up with something similar, yet totally different then what the designer in question aimed at, but still incorporating the same basic principle.



And it also happened with my Lego pieces.  I picked up this small kingdom`s set for 3 euros in the local toystore for the munchkin months ago, and now the last copy they had for myself.  The box is actually the `pre-polybags` they use now for promotional sets, and once more the mayonaise is taking together.




I am thinking of building a MOC (My Own Creation, something you build not from a plan or something you get somewhere) of a wizard`s hideout, at first I thought of a cave lair, but after some image surfing I`m going to settle on drawing out building plans based on this wizards tower image I found.  Minus the chimney, it still has to be `in setting` but it will be an open at the back kind of thingie...



First got to build those Gundams though I have plans lying around for... and those then make me think of the Gundanium rules again... it`s a full cycle.

So yes, inspiration can hit you like a hammer on the most unexpected moments (okay, i was thinking in the cinema yesterday, while watching the new GI Joe movie -not to bad actually for a bit of brainless relaxation- how cool a mass produced feature on MASK would be, but that is far out of my reach) and it is just a matter of doing something with it....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten