zaterdag 21 september 2019

Looking for Missing History Case 1

A bit of an odd title actually, yet it isn't.

You see, memories and nostalgia are a curious thing.  Ever so often, they pop up, and one starts to wonder about what happened to it.

To that end, I'm looking for some things from my wargaming past, things I am rather proud off, things that had great fun... but also unfortunatly things that are in the first case part of the pre-internet days.


The First Case: Ranking Der Nederlanden year 1

Long before there was T3, TSA was at the founding steps of what would become De Ranking Der Nederlanden.  Bundling the efforts of several clubs, a championship that ran over the course of a year was formed, and all the results would count together into a year ranking.
In that first year, 6 tournaments where held for Warhammer Fantasy, and in later years Warhammer 40k joined in as well as the numbers of tournaments expanded.  Held in both Belgium and The Netherlands, this resulted in some big scale events and some awesome stories to tell.

But, unfortunatly the first 2 years haven't seen to been catalogued on the site that was created back then, going back in results to 2006.  Myself, I played mostly in the first year, 2004, as a sort of 'test case' for the organisers back then in the club, Dirk and Luc (both no longer member or in contact with), because I was known to be a 'counter' for my result points during battles, and place myself usually out of harms way to never the less end in the top 10s all the time.

I'm still in the playerslist though, recorded for history, with entry number A0005.  The A stands for the first year, the number for the entry, so I was the fifth player to register for a tournament in the very first year... Yeah, I'm that old.

But here is the question, does anyone still has the results of that year 2004 for the tournaments of De Ranking Der Nederlanden?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten