zondag 12 april 2020

The Haul Report 224

Welcome to another week of goodies I`ve added to the collection.

And with the Frostgrave rules and solo expansion being free from the Osprey site past week, I got back to finally printing up a warband for that game.

So as a result, these guys joined my budding Illusionist's warband:


Okay, sp maybe it won't be only for Frostgrave, the bullet has been bitten and I`m going to DM a group in 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons.  And to that end, not only did I download the free rulebook, but also 219 books and modules from DrivethruRPG for free..


Talking Frostgrave, as I plan on doing some of their solo scenarios, I've been printing up the "baddies' for the Dark Alchemy series as well.


More printing was done with some small furniture pieces for the above DnD setting, the first being an Owlbear Rug.

But of course, for DnD I`ll need Dungeon Tiles, and I started some tests with freebies.

First off, from OpenLock's creator Devon Jones own Thingiverse page, some Dungeon Stone ones.  The downside for me is these aren`t one piece prints tbh.  But he has a LOT of "additional" material to the basic tile.


And from Printable Scenery, I tried out some of their Sample pack floortiles to start with.  Clips and everything will be for later on though.  I also received the sewer tiles and walls sets, and the Rustic Wooden floors, from David as a gift for the adventure making, so I`ll be trying those out somewhere in the coming week.

Now, of course those will need to be painted, and doing it with Vallejo's would be mighty expensive, so I tried some paint I saw in cosplay forums.  From a dutch / flemish hobbystore, Pipoos, I bought a tube of black and of grey acrylics, 120ml or about 7 times the volume of a dropper bottle... for 1.5 times the price.  I tried them already for the black, it's a thick paint (so not excellent for fine detail work on minis), but it covers superbly, doesn`t dry out fast on your palette, and sticks to PLA fantastically... I`m stocking up on this stuff for sure!


So yeah, one could say this has been a very dungeony and dragony week as a result :-)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten