zondag 22 juni 2014

A new page: the LEGO want list ;-)

I don`t think it will be a suprise if I tell people I enjoy LEGO, nor that it would be a suprise that like any AFOL I have a `wish list` of sets I want to grab "one of these days, some day" thing.

Now, because I am one of those people out there in the big bad world with the attention span of a gold fish, just like with the cards I collect, I`m putting up a page here to `visualise` the sets I want to collect not for tearing down and using in other builds, but for genuine display.  And in my case, that MOSTLY consists of the The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit line.

I like medieval `high fantasy`, both to build, to read, to watch, heck, even Magic the Gathering is in a way tied to this setting.  Wizards you know...  and they just look pure awesomeness on the shelves, easily recognisable for non LEGO people that wander in the house, and they tend to look at you just a little bit less strange.  A little bit only though ;-)

And of course, having a page on a blog also helps for people asking `hey, what do you want for your birthday?` and then just handing them over the link.

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

79003 An Unexpected Gathering

Yes, this is on the top of my list, no I never gotten around to it to pick a copy up, and yes, I`m trading off stuff now to sponsor me one of those before they cycle out for good.

9471 and 9474 Uruk-hai Army and The Battle of Helm`s Deep


9472 Attack on Weathertop

79006 The Council of Elrond

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush

10237 The Tower of Orthanc

LEGO Ideas

21103 The DeLorean Time Machine

21104 NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Star Wars

10225 Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2

Pirates of the Carribean

4184 The Black Pearl


Of course, this page will be constantly updated if my eye falls onto something or things get scratched off the list, so feel free to hit the tab at the top of the blog to surf back to this page now and then...

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Pretty solid list there. Pretty pricey all told. I have all those LOTR/Hobbit sets except the two really pricey ones, Helms Deep and the Tower. I have not opened the time machine yet, it is in the pile for an upcoming birthday. The Black Pearl looks like a nice ship, I have the Queen Anne's Revenge.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Aye, the Pearl especially is pricey, having been retired 2 years ago, she goes between 250 and 350 on BrickLink and sorts.

    Does give a bloke an idea what he is saving up for with his smallchange hehe. I expect Bag`s End to become a birthday gift next week though, the GF trying to deter me from buying it in all possible ways lately x-D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen