zaterdag 16 juni 2018

Monkeycon 2018 - the Aftermath

Today Wargaming Monkeys, a club in Leuven, ran their yearly convention, Monkeycon.

And so me and Nemesis drove there in search of some good loot, to try and loose some unwanted figures, and to socialize in general...




New this year was also that for the first 50 visitors, a special limited edition figure was produced, sculpted by Van Dijck Miniatures, and when we arrived there where 4 left, huzzaaah...

There was about a dozen traders present at this well attended show, and there was some wide variety of product.  Perhaps the only thing I didn`t see nor find was paint for airbrushing.






The games where also of a varied selection:



15mm Longstreet rules ACW





A fantastic looking table by The Alde Garde

Our clubs Swiss Family Robinson, price taker at Salute 2018, was also present





 Big mechs dominate this 40k battlefield









 The Middle Earth Strategy game in full swing








 A Viking invasion takes place on this dark age game

 Warmaster had it`s spot as well on this convention
















The BnS was well visited today, split over two rooms.


The Loot

I found some great stuff on this convention.  Like 3 meters in, I came across a box of GW blisters for 5 euro a piece.  I picked up 3 Steeds of Slaanesh (the metal ones!!!) and a Dark Eldar Archon, hard to find and just in case Noshi decides on these evil space elves as her army.

Another great find was a Vindicator for 25, a tank that was high on my priority list.

The final piece of loot was a Land Raider for 15 euros, only missing some detail pieces like the top hatches, but I got those a plenty in my bits box anyways, so this bad boy will be totally modified to serve the IIIrd Legion.

It was a lovely convention in a great and relaxed atmosphere, giving me the chance to catch up with people and have chats left and right.  I will definitly be back next year, and now that I know how the BnS works there, I`m going to empty my closets I guess...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten