zondag 26 februari 2017

Comic Con Brussels 2017

And so the winterstop is officially over, as I went off to the first convention of the year!  

Comic Con Brussels was the destination, held in Tour and Taxis for it's second edition, and what a great show it was!












Now, I have to appologise for the pictures, I`m not quite used to the settings and all of the new cellphone, and as a result, most of the pictures are rubbish :-(

But we had a blast, from arriving at the venue on the early saturday morning, to the breaking down at the end of the sunday.  We had some lovely neighbouring stands, though the Letzemberger Ghostbusters will be in my head for a variety of reasons tonight (Saving the daaaay, saaaaving the daaay...)...

The convention was of course stocked with great cosplays:








And had some very lovely displays in the Fan Dome.













Celebrities where present as well, oncluding the one and only Sam Jones, aka Flash Gordon.  Of course you will find him in my loot video below, this was one autograph I couldn`t pass on!!


Our LUG had a lovely stand as well, including the debut of Hans's "Eleven" mosaic from Stranger Things amongst other excellent builds, check them out on this little video:

Other activities included workshops, like this one about YouTube, as well as lightsaber games (to the soundtrack of Star Trek no less).  Some kids really took it by heart...



There was a variety of catering (some had impressive, but moving, lines) including the "Haute Dogs" by Belgian TV Chef Jeroen Meeus franchise restaurants Wurst.  Though in all honesty, I`ll keep taking my dogswith mustard and sauerkraut in the future.

But for me the nostalgic headlight of the show was the concert by Bernard Minet, who like, sang all the entry themes at Club Dorothee of all my favorite shows back in the 80s, going from Liveman all the way to Saint Seiya.



The Loot:

Well, I collected a LOT of signatures this convention, and here they are in all their glory:

Apart from that, I picked up a small stack of comics in a bargain bin (I wanted the Excalibur ones, so had to take some others to go with it) for 5 euro and that`s it.

Well... almost... because there is still that special event brick of course to go on the brick badge :-)





I want to thank my team, consisting of Hans, Wilfried, Chris and John for the efforts they put in on this weekend, and I HOPE that I didn`t fail them as "team leader ad interim".

And now, the countdown begins to the next event, which will be for me Brick Mania Wetteren.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten