woensdag 21 maart 2018

The cold turkey of the end

The last models that I will be entering in the 8th Challenge, and what better conclusion then painting up 6mm pink forces, just as I started out with on this journey.

Though I do apologize for not being able to count the actual points total on this entry with the scenery and knight and such... sorry Curt.

The first part of the entry this week are this set of Steeds of Slaanesh mounted marines, to provide some fast moving cavalry for use in Future War Commander.



To provide some more heavy support for the force (mind you, I play them in Future War Commander, not the Epic 40k game system), a lovely Hell Knight has been painted up and give some bigger targets to pick, distracting the opponent from the actual game winners, the infantry.


The final part of the entry is a building that I found years ago on a BnB for a measly 25 eurocent, I have no clue at all what range it is from or such, but that will be my HQ 'location' marker in certain scenarios as such.


I`m sorry Curt for the bit of extra work, but I have NO idea how to count points on these.  The cavalry is simple, 12 x1, but the Knight (it`s the size of a regular space marine in 28mm, does that mean 5 points, or does he class as a 6mm vehicle?) and the bunker are beyond me.... so I`ll see what I end up with when the entry is published xD

And that's it, thanks to the organisers of the challenge for this great event, and hopefully I'll be back in next year!

Update; the total entry netted me 16 points, putting me well over the 1500 mark and into the 500 / 750 / 1000 and 1500 points draws at the end of the Challenge.  That's 4 out of 6 benchmarks reached this year, not bad for a rookie...


Update 2: With these points added and the challenge ended, I came in a respectable 12th.  The 11th spot might have been feasible had I painted an hour or two more, but the top 10 was well out of reach with a gap of about 150 points.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten