The most recent anime me and Noshi finished through Netflix, this 12 episode series had been delayed for almost two years.
But in 2018 it arrived... and it was a severe disappointment.
Plot (from MAL)
A woman died a suspicious death in the
forest. Beside her, the sword-smith Amon finds a new-born boy with a
tragic fate and takes him in. About 10 years later, this boy who is
named Gai and who has become Amon's apprentice, loses his right arm in
an accident while making a sword. Amon decides to take a sword called
"Shiryuu," which is a sword with demonic powers that has been passed
down for generations, and fashion it into an artificial arm for Gai.
That was the beginning of it all...
The story of this boy, who has become one with a demonic weapon and is
drawn into a cruel fate in which he must face countless battles, can be
seen as either the story of "a beautiful weapon and an ugly person" or
of "the cruelty of weapons and the beauty of humans." This is a
completely new world of comic noir.
What I liked about it
* The entry, and even more the end music. It's been a while in modern day anime that I really found the scores this strong.
* Seiya (what's in a name), the warrior that is tasked with training Gai
What I didn't like about it
* The ending, a very very open cliffhanger that gives you the feeling that you are missing one more episode in this season.
* How Gai all of a sudden can control his powers from raging berserker to trained warrior overnight.
* The story arc with the hairdresser that seems to set up new opponents, yet are never heard of again in the rest of the season.
A very disappointing and unconnected heap of stories make this a flop in my eyes, and when (if?) the second season ever hits, I might watch it, though it won't be high on the priority list at all...
19 minuten geleden