vrijdag 4 juli 2014

The Gettysburg Adress

I always have had an intrest in the ACW (American Civil War) even back when I was still wargaming, and for Independance Day I decided to build a small vignette.



Though the adress itself was given the 19th of November 1863, it was a direct follow up to the events of the Battle of Gettysburg, fought from the 1st to the 3rd of july that year.




Ever since the The Lego Movie contained an Abraham Lincoln minifig, I just knew I had to use him for this.  I scored the web for some more western styled minifigures, as I already possessed some of the Union Cavalry men from the old Western range, and needed some `attendees` for the speech.

Like the real event, I decided to keep the setting simple.  A grassy field, some spectators, a podium and Mr President himself.



The cool thing about the Minifig is that he is actually holding a printed tile, and the words `Four Score and Seven Years ago`, the intro of the famous 266 word speech, are clearly readible on it.

Of course, Lego being all about imagination and having fun tongue in cheeks, I couldn`t resist hiding some `celebrities` in the gathered crowd...



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten