zaterdag 4 maart 2017

Building Middle Earth episode 3

Hello all, first saturday of the month, and so it's time to have a look at what I`ve been doing in my project to build Middle Earth.

Now, I didn`t finish anything but I did manage to get some work done on two projects in particular, namely my Frodo maxifig and the Durin's Causeway build.

I started the maxifig this month with a decision, in that I won't be building up the torso in Sand Green (bloody expensive) but will go for a more "regular" green when I get to it.
The first step I did was build the feet themselves, in Tan as that reflects best a natural skin colour that leans close the the "fleshies" of the Tolkien ranges.

Next I already did some layers of brown for the legs, whom will of course be shorter then a regular maxifig, and used brown cheeseslopes to represent the tufts of hair on the feet.


The other build I worked on a bit was the Durin's Causeway, which just eats light blueish gray masonry bricks.  I scraped together another 130 this month, and this allowed me to do some work on the pillar basically.


As well as doing a bit of the "edge" to get an idea where the rockworks will start when I get to them.


All in all, this has been some nice progress in the short month that february was.  I *hope* to do some more on the maxifig during march, ideally complete the whole leg section, and perhaps start working a bit already on the Durin rockworks.  I know april will be busy for me with not that much time to build anyways, so better to get some stuff done in the coming weeks.

Until next time!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten