zaterdag 27 januari 2018

Emperor's Children vs Necrons: 750pts Battle Report

The first 40k game of 2018, and while I debuted Lucius (I`m going to field him in every game I play until the big battle in may), it was also the first time I played Necrons.  Like, ever...

I didn`t study the rules or such, so had no idea what to expect from them nor knew any rule apart from a vague "they stand back up".  As a true general, I let it all come over me...

Playing on a 4x4 table, we went for a straight fight without to much shannanigans, as my opponent Patrick played his first game of 8th edition.

My army consisted of Lucius and a Sorcerer, a 10 man Cultist group with autoguns and a heavy stubber, 10 marines with plasma gun and heavy bolter, a squad of Raptors with a meltagun and plasma pistol, a Quad Heavy bolter and a havoc squad of 3 plasmaguns and 1 lascannon.

On the opposing side a Cryptek led a force consisting of 11 and 12 warriors, 3 wraiths, an annihilation barge and a squad of 5 immortals.

While I deployed around a central building with a solid firebase, the Necrons spread over the width of the table and grabbed the first turn.

And boy did I get a scare right away when that barge started firing a gazillion dice, knocking out two of my Havocs in one volley.  The warriors concentrated all their fire on my Marine squad, but bad dice rolling caused only two to fall.

In my turn I knew one thing: that barge had to go.  So I poured plasma and lascannon fire into it... and got my second scare with it`s damage ignoring ability.  I had dropped the raptors in, and luckily the combined fire in the end took out it's wounds.
The other squads had been firing on the bigger of the two Warrior squads, causing 7 casualties.  The raptors charged in and killed another 3, and in the resulting morale phase the final two legged it, resulting in the rest not being able to rise. 
Okay, that went well...



His second turn made short work of my raptors, as his lord and two squads lined up and fireplatooned them.  The wraiths raced towards the havocs to close the gap and hopefully assault them in turn 3.


My line moved forward in the next turn, while Lucius went to protect the Havocs.  In the resulting shooting phase, I managed to down two of the wraiths and leave one on a single wound.  The rest of the army managed to, thanks to Prescience, stratagems and bad saving throws, to decimate the second warrior squad.


In his third turn, the Wraith assaulted... and Lucius heroically intercepted... but failing to cause a wound sigh.  But all the rest didn`t fare any better though.


In my third turn, Lucius took out the at last, while the Immortals now fell to my combined firepower.  That left only his character on the table now, who failed to do anything.



And then I did something totally and uber in character, or arrogant depending how you see it.  It was Lucius time!  Even though the Cryptek was on his last wound and totally surrounded by my army, I refused to psychic power him, OR shoot at him.  I charged Lucius in combat, and he made short work of the Lord, for the glory of Slaanesh.



So my first ever game against Necrons was a win, and I picked up a healthy respect for some of their units.  Also, the -1 AP on their basic gun is nothing to laugh with, as most of my force was saved by his abysmal dice rolls.  I do know that from now on, those Barges are going to be nr 1 targets for Heavy Bolters and Rapiers with their low damage to hit output, and punch them out asap.

A fun game, and Lucius didn`t make a total idiot of himself in the end...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten