donderdag 18 januari 2018

From London to Shangai

Well, a bit of a mixed lot for this weeks entry, as I did some work on a project I had put aside for this challenge... as well as one that probably will be in boxes stored until challenge 9 should I manage to seduce me a spot then.

So let's travel the world!

The first batch of the entry are more 10mm ECW from the Lancer Miniatures range, this time in the form of a complete infantry regiment.  Mixed pike & shotte, the regiment is supported by a demi-culverin for some extra deterrent towards any opposing forces.


I really like Kieran`s sculpts, and think this was one of those "gems" sometimes hidden on Kickstarter.  With more and more big companies using Kickstarter as their pre-order platform, there are those small operation on it as well which at times churn out lovely figures for a good price, or even some oddities that you just want to have.

The pikes themselves are metal rods, and I can say first hand they hurt like hell when you accidentally put your hand on them...

The second part of my entry is this 28mm Chariot from the Shang-Zhao range of Curteys Miniatures, now under 1st Corps banner.  I think I bought this almost 12 years ago or so, and I don`t actually know why anymore, probably some fantasy project or such.

But as we get older, our intrests start shifting, and I bit the bullet that I will be building a Shang dynasty force for Mortem et Gloriam (well, if their chinese army lists re-appear on the site, then I know what to order because while they are in the index, the actual lists aren`t in the pdf's) and try and introduce those rules over at my club.


I really like the facial expression on the charioteer to be honest, he has that whole "umpf, you posh dandy" look next to the noble...

So points-wise, if I counted correctly, this should mean for this week:

31 infantry models in 10mm (12 pike, 16 shot, 3 crew) @ 1 point each
1 crew handled cannon in 10mm @ 2 points
and 1 vehicle in scale 28mm with 2 crew @ 25 points

This should further add a nice 58 points towards my challenge goal... and keep me on schedule.

Talking about the schedule, I might better start tossing down some "points bombs" of around 100 points minimum for one or two weeks, that way the target gets well in reach and more or less secured in case I should miss a week of entrying.  At my current speed, I`m more or less safe with my 25 - 50 points averaging on a weekly basis, but I don`t have any margin for error...

Thanks for watching!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten