maandag 23 januari 2017

The Fantasy Movie Marathon overview

And so it has come to an end, two weeks of watching fantasy themed movies in order to reduce my backlog a bit.

The series had some duds, but also some unexpected gems, and discovered classics...

The worst of the worst has to go to Grimm Snow White, a low budget movie that was a whole effort to watch, and I rated it with a measly 2 out of 10.  This one as such was followed by Red Sonja, which definitly was worse then how I remembered it fromm 25 odd years ago, and a 3 / 10 was it's share.

For a variety of well intended, poorly executed reasons, Beowulf and Grendel was the only other movie not to make the halfway mark, stranding at a 4 out of 10 in my opinion.

At the other end of the spectrum, there was the discovery of Sorceress, a far better movie then I had expected with 6.5, and the classic Jason and the Argonauts, a cult movie which was better then I remembered decades ago.  I guess with growing older, you learn to appreciate things other then special effects, and become more critical in how you look at movies.

But the "winner" was Hogfather, which was the one I enjoyed the most over the past two weeks, and took along an 8 / 10 for me personally.

So for completeness sake, from high to low, here are the results of the subjective, single man jury ;-)

1. Hogfather - 8 / 10
2. Jason and the Argonauts - 7.5 / 10
3. Sorceress - 6.5 / 10
3. Ironclad - 6.5 / 10
3. Maleficent - 6.5 / 10

6. Alice Through the Looking Glass - 6 / 10
6. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - 6 / 10
8. The Huntsman: Winter's War - 5 / 10
8. Dragon's Nest Warriors Dawn - 5 / 10
10. Beowulf and Grendel - 4 / 10

11. Red Sonja - 3 / 10
12. Grimm Snow White - 2 / 10

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten