donderdag 28 december 2017

Canterbury 2017

And so it came to pass, the almost annual trip to Canterbury to find some books and goodies.


Though I must confess, it was probably the last time.  



My physical problems barely can stand the bus journey, and the fact we had almost 5 hours of delays meant I spend about 21 hours on the road for what was in essence a 5 hour shopping trip in Canterbury itself...
If this is a thing to come post-Brexit, I`m skipping the UK as a trip country I`m afraid.






Add to that the really lousy weather, varying between pouring rain and melting snow, and it wasn`t the most succesfull of journeys made there over the past two decennia. 



However, I did get some lovely things (check back sunday in the Haul report) and the food was once more great in the Cherry Tree Freehouse pub.



Though breakie weighted a bit heavy on the stomach... pancakes with sausage and maple syrup are a killer.


What`s with that door...

The local Games Workshop, of course I had to pop by there...



All in all it was a fruitfull, but not cosy day out due to the above mentioned reasons.  How many times can you control a bus on 100 meters after all...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten