woensdag 13 december 2017

Moana

I watched this film with Noshi, who told me it was really great, and I still had it on my immense backlog, past monday.

And I love it!

The tale goes about a young islander princess, Moana, who finds a legendary stone in the ocean.  She has always been attracted to the wide open waters, while the rule of the island keeps her land bound.  Until her grandmother convinces her otherwise, while the island seems to get infected by a strange disease.

Together with the (rather idiotic) rooster He-He, she sets out in the wide seas to look for the legendary demi-god Maui, and to bring the stone back to the place he actually stole it from ages ago.

I liked this film because Moana isn`t the typical Disney princess, and this is a film of courage, but also of incredible stubborness.  Another great thing about it is that the movie tells a story not really much heard in the Western world, as it is based on an islander legend from the Pacific ocean.

And if that all fails to convince you to watch this Disney movie...

IT HAS AN ARMY OF KILLER COCONUTS!!!!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten