donderdag 10 november 2011

Saint Seiya Myth Cloth review # 20: Dragon Shiryu v3

As some might have read on other more related fora like Saint Seiya Fan or the home of my gamegroup, the Tin Soldiers of Antwerp, I managed to get my hands on a sweet deal from ebay for Myth cloths.
The person I bought my Lionet saint from a while ago offered no less then 38 clothes, all starting at 1 euro opening bid, and I made a bid on each and every one of them (that I didn`t yet have), centered around 5 to 10 euros under the price they cost me if I have to get them from `my regular sources` and since they come from belgium, shipping was not going to kill me this time over.
In the end, I won 9 of them knocking me back including postage around 350 euros, and even though it killed my intended budget for Crisis (which, in the end, I didn`t need as I didn`t had shopping time anyways) I was a very happy camper.
The cloths I got from this deal where Dragon v3 and Andromeda 2, Dragon God, Hypnos, the gold Aries, Leo and Scorpio, Aries Shion and Marina general Chrysaor.

So let`s have a look of the first of those I assembled, Dragon Shiryu in his 3rd anime version of the cloth, which is the version he receives at the beginning of the Hades: Sanctuary chapter when the cloths are once more repaired, this time with the blood of Athena herself.

He is considered the most mature of the five heroes, and thus the wisest. As the Bronze Saint of the Dragon constellation, Shiryu dons the emerald Dragon Bronze Cloth, a jewel among the Cloths due to its legendary defense properties. Out of all five main characters, Shiryu is known as the calmest and most collected. His sheer physical strength is the greatest of the Bronze Saints, with the possible exception of Phoenix Ikki. This is reflected in his ability to win numerous battles without his Dragon Cloth. Shiryu trained at the Five Peaks in China to obtain the Bronze Cloth of the Dragon constellation, and his mentor was none other than the senior Gold Saint, Libra Dohko.
The Bronze Cloth of Dragon is legendary for the large shield on its left arm guard. Its reputation is unmatched by any other Cloth among Athena's Saints, and only very few have ever shattered it. The Dragon Cloth itself is noted for its ultimate durability, as it spent the last 200 years bathed under the mineral-rich waterfall of the Rozan mountains, which made it harder than diamonds. This is the origin of its nickname "The strongest Fist and Shield".



So let`s put this guy together then. First of, I wanna point out that there is something I don`t like at all on the Dragon saint, and that is the way the shoulder pads are attached. You `lock` them in place by putting them rather loosely on the shoulders of the model, then the small dragon arms from the object are attached to the back of the model and `click` the armour in place.
I can imagine what a nightmare this should become once the wear starts to set in from assembling the cloth and object a few times as some like to do every so often. Not the best of systems in my book.

Secondly, I`m a bit biased about Shiryu. First time he did the `eye thing` against Argol of Perseus it was quite spectacular, but since then they have been going on and off like a lightbulb, and the gimmick really gets annoying. He`s one of the most popular of the fab five, yet he never really did anything to me to make him like him.

The cloth itself is otherwise easy to assemble, like most bronze saints, there aren`t that much parts due to the cloths being `lighter` in protection then the full plated Gold Saints or Marina Generals, class difference et all.
The `traditional` pieces are in metal like the legs and arms, the chest main piece and the likes, as is the case for most clothes. It also comes with an `Excalibur` hand, which I used for his pose, and I wanted to raise the shield arm a tat more upwards so the `sword` and the shield would be crossing each other, but see above for the shoulder issue, this kept popping loose then if I raised the arm to high.

The cloth is a beautiful green colouring though, but I`m not rating it to high due to the shoulder issue, which made it a bit disappointing overal for me, so I`m going to put this guy down in my glass cabinet with a 3 out of 5 after his name, points mainly gained due to the colouring of the cloth, and a nice facial sculpt.

Ciao ciao and till the next time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten