zaterdag 26 maart 2016

Star Wars The Clone Wars season 2

Slowly but steadily I`m catching up from my backlog, as I finally completed the second season of The Clone Wars.

These cartoons, numbering 22 episodes this season, take place between movie 2 (Attack of the Clones) and 3 (Revenge of the Sith) and tell about what comes to pass between those movies in a universe torn apart by a war between the Republic and the Separitists.

This season has two main `themes` to it`s episodes, on the one hand it focusses on the things that happen within the senate on Coruscant (an assassination, the Zyllo beats, Mandalore`s postion), while on the other hand it goes about how the Seperatists have hired bounty hunters to wreak havoc, leading to a continuation of the Boba Fett / Mace Windu story touched upon in Episode II.

I can`t really put my finger on the `where`, but I had the impression that animations went up a notch as well this season compared to the first, looking a bit less `blocky` now.

It was a nice season to follow, focussing not to much on epic battles but adding some nice character development into the mix, and it went `smooth on the eyes` as I binged through the year.


1 opmerking: